Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quotes: Who's Afraid of Virginia WQoolf?


Edward-lo-res
Originally uploaded by mikecontiphotos
Who's Afraid . . .

- a hysterical pregnancy
- "I'll have a Bergin. Bergin and water." A grand amusement.
- Boy killed his mother and his father.
- In an asylum for 30 years. Not uttering a word.
- This isn't a novel at all. It happened to me.
- Martha: a cyclops.
- Accommodation, adjustment. Clean up the mess I've made.
- I best she has money, too. To compensate.
- He spent God's money. He saved his own.
- Plow a few pertinent wives. That's the way to power.
- There's quicksand here and you'll be dragged down before you know it.
- You tried to *communicate.* That's touching.
- Tried to publish a book and daddy wouldn't let him.
- I like to dance and you don't want me to.
- Humiliate the host.
- Hump the hostess.
- Portrait of a man drowning.
- I love familiar stories. They're the best.
- I regret everything.
- You can stand it. You married me for it.
- I tried with you, baby. I really tried.
- Snap!
- I wear the pants because someone has to.
- Total war? Total.
- I don't want any children.
- 'Tis the refuge we take when the unreality of the world sits too heavy on our tiny heads.
- To you, everybody is a flop.
- I'm the earth mother.
- I disgust me.
- The only person in my life who has made me happy. Who is good to me. Whom I revile. Who quickly learns the rules. Who can make me happy and I do not wish to be happy. Who has made the hideous mistake of loving me. I must be punished for it.
- George and Martha: sad, sad, sad.
- Which is it: houseboy or stallion?
- Truth or illusion. Who knows the difference?
- We must carry on as though we did.
- Bringing up baby.
- When you get through the skin and muscles and get to the bone. There's more. The marrow.
- All truth being relative.
- A drowning man takes down those nearest.
- You can't decide these things by yourself.

No comments: